If you plan to sell your home, updating it can increase appeal and lead to a higher sales price. Here are some tips on how to update your home before selling.
- Repaint Walls: A fresh coat of paint can make a big difference in the overall appearance of your home. Stick to neutral colours that can appeal to a wide range of potential buyers.
- Upgrade Lighting: Upgrading the lighting in your home can help brighten up the space and make it appear more modern. Consider replacing old fixtures with energy-efficient LED lights.
- Replace Hardware: Outdated or worn hardware can make a home feel outdated. Consider replacing cabinet handles, draw pullers and doorknobs with newer, modern hardware.
- Upgrade Kitchen and Bathroom: Kitchens and bathrooms are often the most important rooms for buyers. Consider updating the cabinets, countertops and appliances in the kitchen and replacing fixtures and adding new tiles/grout in the bathroom.
- Improve Curb Appeal: First impressions matter, so make sure the exterior of your home looks its best. Consider adding fresh landscaping, painting the front door or adding new house numbers.
- Stage your Home: Once you’ve made the necessary updates, consider hiring a professional home stager to help you arrange furniture and décor in an appealing way.
Updating your home before selling can help increase its appeal and potentially lead to a higher sale price by creating a space that potential buyers will find attractive and desirable. For more information contact our team today who can provide extra tips and tricks in ensuring your home is at it’s best before hitting the market!